Friday, May 18, 2012

Research Questions

Well, I've been throwing around a bunch of ideas for a thesis statement for my upcoming research paper and wanted to get people's takes on the different ideas. Some questions that I've been looking into include:


  • What is the value of digital media in the modern creative process? Are the rules of creativity and innovation changing? 
  • What is the role of social media in self-actualization?
  • What is the power of an individual to bring about change when armed with digital media?
I am leaning heavily toward the first, though all of them are kind of interconnected, so I could touch on all of them potentially. I feel like the first is most pertinent to my novel, The Fountainhead, but at the same time, it goes in opposition to what is said in the book, so my research would represent a refutation of Rand's ideals. Kind of murky waters for the moment being.

Which topic do you like best? Any ideas for a better one?

2 comments:

  1. go for the third
    there's so much you can say about the arab spring last year
    and about ongoing struggles in places like syria
    it will be a really robust topic that will look good in your professional portfolio -- plus there's tons of resources available

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like that's kind of a hackneyed subject these days, but it's one that I've definitely been interested in and one in which I've dabbled in terms of my reading. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete