Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Family: A Proclamation to the World


In 1995, the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued The Family: A Proclamation to the World, a document containing valuable truths as to man's nature and stating God's word concerning marriage and familial relationships. I didn't really realize how important all this was until I was about sixteen, but then it came to really mean a lot to me, and it in some senses saved me. My family growing up had it's problems, perhaps like every family, but the truths contained in this document have helped us to be stronger as a family unit and have helped me to know what I will need to do as a husband and father to provide for the spiritual, emotional, and temporal welfare of my family. I really do love it. Read the full document here.

No comments:

Post a Comment