Friday, June 1, 2012

Getting My Feet Wet...



This is a song that I put together to try to convey some of the thoughts that I've been having about creativity and expression lately. I've been studying The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand, and in it, Rand really emphasizes the idea of individual creation. I wanted to extend that to encompass more so the ideas of self-actualization through creation and of finding one's own creative voice through use of digital media resources. Feel free to leave your thoughts or to browse the research and writing that I've been doing lately. I hope you enjoy!


Where is the fire
That Prometheus stole,
That burning desire
To create and be made whole?
What wonders and myst'ries
Can this Brave New World hold for me?
'Cause I'm standin' at the edge of the sea,
And I'm just learning to swim.

An endless ocean before me,
And the waves a rumblin' by,
I long for solid ground
And miss the clear blue sky
But I'll find myself inside the deep, deep blue.
Yeah, I'm standin' at the end of the sea,
And I'm ready to swim.

I'll set my fears aside
And set fire to the sea
Give life to soul and mem'ry
And let creation break free
And at last, I'll find myself inside the flames
And at last I'll find myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment