Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I am Robert Gu

I am Robert Gu. I am stuck in the past, and I'm too stubborn to update my views on reality and the digital age. And yet each time I hear about some feature of the iPhone or the Kindle, I think, "Wow, that'd be really nice to use." I am the Robert Gu that uses a five-year-old cell phone despite the fact that it can't receive half of all text messages because they are sent as non-compatible multimedia attachments. I am the Robert Gu that complains about modern media corrupting the traditional style. But I am also the Robert Gu who is learning to "wear" little by little and is realizing more and more how positively technology can impact our lives. I am the Robert Gu who is realizing that technology is an enabler for good or for bad, and so the decision remains with us as to what we will do with the blessings or curses of our time. I am the Robert Gu who thought he had a vision of the world until he started to see what everyone else was seeing and marveled at what he had missed out on. I am Robert Gu. And I am reveling in the media revolution.


No comments:

Post a Comment